Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nonspecific gastroenteritis.

I never get sick.

I mean, sure, I occasionally contract a winter cold or eat something that doesn't particularly agree with me, but I haven't really been incapacitated by my body since I was in junior high school (despite living on a steady college-kid diet of frozen peas, ice cream sandwiches, and oatmeal for the past three years; consuming all sorts of unsanitary street foods in the Middle East; and rarely getting more than four hours of sleep). I guess I thought my stomach was invincible.
But today I was sick. Really, really sick. I missed work and spent the whole day positively writhing in my pink Snuggie thanks to stomach cramps. I even threw up three times. Bleh. And it didn't help that my family was gone all day. I know, I know, I'm twenty years old. But every girl wants a little attention when she's sick, especially when she hasn't felt this way since the "it" item was a Furby. On her way out the door, while noticing my twelfth swift flight to the bathroom, my mom called out something to the effect of, "Hey! At least you'll lose weight!" I guess she's right. But at this point I think I'd rather be fat. :-(

BUT I DO HAVE SOME FANTASTIC NEWS:
This five-pound box of happiness showed up at my house this morning, and, being sick, I had the time to watch four straight hours of all-new bonus features. It's hands down the coolest complete DVD box set of all time, from the textured collectible case to the included map, letter, board game, episode guide, and ankh-with-secret-compartment (you think I'm kidding). It even includes a little blacklight so you can comb the entire contents of the package for secret messages. Which I have done. And found some. And enjoyed every moment.

Also, did you hear about this week's Lost Auction? The producers auctioned off all kinds of original props from the series to wild acclaim--some stuff, like the iconic Dharma van, went for upwards of $50,000. I would've wanted Charlie's DriveShaft ring, but I can't say I have $10,800 lying around the house. Right now, the Complete Collection is a big enough investment for me.

No comments: