Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life.

One year ago today, I was at the Biblical Zoo in West Jerusalem. Afterwards, we hung out at the Jerusalem Hyatt Regency to get chocolate lava cake.

Today I am in Boston, Massachusetts, in a little apartment in a tall, thin, blue building near Harvard Square. I have my own room. My walls are burnt red, my bedspread is brightly flowered, my rug and pillow are blue, and all my things are unpacked. Last night was hard; I missed my family and didn't know anyone here, but today I woke up serene and happy and things have been better. I found the student singles ward and met the members, who seemed friendly and invited me to FHE tomorrow night, for which I am excited. I also experienced torrential rain today, which surprised me. I mean, this stuff was tsunami-worthy! And it came on so suddenly. The humidity is also something to get used to. My hair has more volume because of it, for which I am grateful, but there's no point to my using my straightener anymore and my skin is more dewy than is cute. I start work tomorrow and am incredibly nervous. I don't understand what I'll be doing yet, and I'm scared to meet the pediatric endocrinologists I'll be working with and to learn about my new job. Hopefully all goes well; hopefully I will be able to navigate the public transit services and arrive at Boston Children's Hospital without a hitch. Hopefully. :-)

No comments: