Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

News.

See those? They're iron-on badges! They're MY iron-on badges, and I scanned them in so you could enjoy them as much as I do. I successfully passed all my tests, completing eighteen weeks of figure skating coursework in just six weeks' time, and now I can enroll in Adult 4, the last Adult level before freestyle classes begin. :-) Now I just have to figure out what to iron them on. My neck comes to mind. Or a commemorative blanket, so later in life I can be all, OMG LOOK PPL WHEN I WAS 19 I HAD A ONE-FIFTH-OF-LIFE CRISIS AND THE UNITED STATES FIGURE SKATING ASSOCIATION AWARDED ME IRON-ON BADGES.

I saw a romantic film last night and it made me think. In order to enjoy a film like that, a girl has to put herself in the heroine's place. She needs to imagine how she'd feel if an attractive British man chased her across the Atlantic Ocean, how she'd respond when he tells her he's truly, madly, deeply in love with her, and how to gracefully accept his impromptu but long-awaited proposal, complete with a diamond the size of her big toe and six dozen imported roses. Last night I realized I can't do it anymore. I watch أفلام عاطفية with distance. When I was young I used to imagine myself the stunning heroine, perfect skin, tanned stomach, long blonde hair, and all, pursued at any length by her handsome, sweet soulmate. As I got older I became more realistic, dreaming of maybe a nice dinner with a boy who liked me or a snuggly night watching movies. And as I got to college I dreamed of a man who'd maybe show up on time or remember to take me out at all.
Last night I remembered that I can't engage in romantic films.

No comments: