Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Perspective.

Ever since school started, I've lived life in muted colors and organic light. I listen to acoustic guitar and jazz piano while wearing earth-toned dresses and argyle tights. My thin, meticulous script lines the pages of perfect assignment after perfect assignment before I allow myself to indulge--to enjoy fresh salsa, a crossword puzzle, or the occasional episode of Glee.

REALIZATION: I'm horridly, inescapably mellow.
COUNTER-REALIZATION: Last night reawakened my senses.

My soft, efficient little bubble is, on all accounts, perfect. But honestly, I'd forgotten how much fun sharp lines and bold pigments can be. I'd forgotten the euphoric, harsh adrenaline that comes with driving fast, windows down, blasting something with a beat--with edgy games at 4 AM, falling asleep with a guy I hardly know, and eating French Toast at noon when we wake up.

Driving back to my apartment, I put my headphones in. Instead of the usual Ingrid Michaelson or Iron and Wine, I chose Jay-Z.
It's going to be a good day.

No comments: