Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, August 22, 2008

LSH.

For the past week, I've been caught up in the whirlwind of pre-college preparation, buying storage bins and Ethernet cables, cleaning out my closets, and creating collages of wall art for my dorm room. I'm at BYU now, in the Late Summer Honors program, and I'm taking a class on Machiavelli. My professor is intelligent, confident, and (thankfully) not what I expected in terms of BYU homogeneity. It's obvious he has his own (somewhat radical) opinions about things, which makes me happy. He speaks well, and I like listening to him. I'm still struggling with my own speech--I know I speak too quickly and don't make use of the vocabulary I've worked so hard to know, and I'm trying to remedy that, but I think it's just going to take time. Our final, though, is a Socratic method oral questioning session in front of the entire class, which kind of freaks me out.
We'll see.
As is to be expected...I'm learning.

No comments: