Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Conglomerate.

I'm a tiny speck in the midst of a dense university mosaic, so I meet new people every day.
What interests me most is that when I meet these people, they aren't so new; the patterns of speech, vocabulary words, tones of voice and nuances of body language are familiar to me. I'm slowly realizing that I've had these discussions before, both verbally and emotionally; I've sifted through Marxist theory, liberalism, egocentrism, utilitarianism, nihilism, humanism and pragmatism with the people I know, and finding bits and pieces of them here is not only a surprise but a comfort. I see new people in terms of the old, the unfamiliar in terms of what I know: each person a unique concoction of my friends, teachers, and acquaintances. It's interesting to see what a difference everyone has made in the way I see the world; pieces of acquaintances I never expected to remember shimmer suddenly from a new friend's ideology, nudging me effortlessly into nostalgia.

Every one of you shaped me, and now every one of you is me. I am beginning to recognize that we are in everyone else. I think about humanity, and how much we must truly resemble each other--every person I have ever known is absorbed into what I now call "me," each addition altering the mixture slightly but irrevocably.

I am he as you are he and you are me and we are all together.
I think I get it.

No comments: