Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Something's up.

It’s been a couple days since I’ve written.
The SAT stole my weekend.

I’m still not sure what happened last night.
I woke up (or should I say, became conscious) twice, in my bathroom, at 3:30 and 4:30 AM, standing in the middle of the floor, staring at myself in the mirror.
Talk about creepy.
Apparently, I sleepwalk these days.
Apparently, I don’t sleep these days.
I almost passed out at the hospital this morning. I honestly had to excuse myself, walk out of the unit, and literally collapse until I could get myself together well enough to pass for “conscious.” I was able to make it back in, but my eyes kept closing and closing of their own accord while the neonatologist was discussing necrotizing enterocolitis.
I really couldn’t help it.
This is getting pretty bad.
The other day, my mom said she walked into my room at around 2 AM to check on me, and I was sitting in the middle of my floor, staring straight ahead.
I have no memory of that.
I think something might be seriously wrong.

I DON’T have panic attacks.
I’M NOT consumed by anxiety.
I DON’T stress out over everything.
I DO sleep at night.

I wish.

Why now?!? My school life is much easier than last year, my social life is going relatively well, my job and my internship are both fine—I don’t know what’s happening. At least nothing happened to me on the SAT. Though I did take my carotid pulse while I was waiting for everyone else to finish a section, and it was 24 beats above the high end of normal. Acute tachycardia’s a pretty crazy stress response for something like a test. At least my blood pressure didn’t drop. I hate that.
The thing is, though, I’m not a hypochondriac. Really. Right now, though, I know there’s something wrong, and it’s scaring me.

Help?

No comments: