Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Egypt.

I took over 250 pictures in Egypt.
THERE ARE NO WORDS FOR THIS PLACE.


I LOVE THE DESERT. Please. Click. Enlarge. Enjoy. Now--imagine it all around you.


Giza Plateau...ENOUGH SAID!


Yep, I'm riding a camel! Wearing what they call "genie pants." Haha!


The infamous Hypostyle Hall in Karnak Temple. AMAZING! Enlarge it and check out the Bedouin guy who poked his head in at the last second.


Luxor Temple...ahhhh!

What I like best about Egypt is the sheer volume of STUFF left over from the ancient world. There's so much to see, and most of it is in stunning condition. Honestly--I could spend YEARS there and never see it all. I mean, in just over one week, I climbed Mount Sinai for the sunrise; rode a camel; sailed the Nile; took a sketchy sleeping train from Luxor to Cairo; mildly contracted a parasitic disease; was verbally assaulted in a Luxor street market; had an impromptu dance party in the Cairo Hard Rock Cafe, filmed by the entire Egyptian audience; saw thousands of Egyptian relics, large and small; climbed deep into stuffy underground tombs in the Valley of the Kings; skinny-dipped in the Red Sea late at night; crawled into the burial chamber at the Great Pyramid; and much, much more.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING COULD BE BETTER.

1 comment:

Angela said...

IT ALL LOOKS & SOUNDS SO AMAZING.

I'm incredibly jealous. (Not of the parasitic disease though. Care to elaborate on that one?)