Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tribute.

This is my little brother Ryan. At least, this is the way I think of him.
But this is my little brother Ryan now. He's 18 years old and graduates from high school today.
Where I might be kind of awkward, Ryan is really cool. He's a state championship basketball player (#12) and one of the most athletic and popular guys in school. I can barely keep track of all of his friends (or dates). He's a fantastic student, incredibly smart (coming to BYU in the fall!), and a phenomenal writer, though in personality and attitude he does his best to downplay seeming...well, too much like me. :-) He's laid back, happy, and confident, but never arrogant.
But what makes Ryan really awesome is his heart. Cool-guy facade aside, he is thoughtful and conscientious and kind to everyone. He values integrity and is so well liked because he is so inherently likable, because he goes out of his way to crack a joke or make a comment or otherwise brighten your day. He is naturally spiritual and willing to work for the knowledge he acquires, and he will be a truly amazing missionary.
Ryan and I will miss each other on our missions--he'll leave after winter semester next year, while I'm still out, and I'm really, really going to miss him.
What can I say? He was my first friend.

I love you, Ryan! Happy graduation!

No comments: