Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Completion.

I'm sitting in complete blackness in front of a semicircle window on the sixth floor of the Center. Jerusalem is dead; tonight's sunset marked the onset of Shabbat, but I can still make out the dimly lit Dome of the Rock among the scattered city lights. The ethereal dome is backlit with a combination of faded colors that makes it shine almost green in the darkness, evocative of some Gatsby-esque ideal. It's 3:40 AM. I'm listening to the first call to prayer of the morning from an East Jerusalem minaret. A security guard just shone his flashlight in my face and bid me good morning.

Also, I discovered Plinky, a site that provides daily writing prompts for your blog just in case you run out of steam. Check it out. Here are some archived prompts I may use in the near future: What's your favorite word? What's the most on fire you've ever been? Write a haiku about the last movie you saw. Give us your unreasonable demands. Defend your vice.

No comments: