Welcome.

안녕하세요!
مرحبا عليكم!

I study languages.

Monday, November 5, 2007

It's personal.

Today, I interacted with the boy I like.
Then, I saw a play about a girl who falls in love.
Sometimes, I wonder what that entails.
I wonder how I'd react. I can see myself completely shutting off and running away, and at the same time I can see myself having a great time.
I guess I'll have to see.

Today, I tried to tutor a sophomore in geometry.
I met his mom, and we talked for a bit. She seemed nice, but her kid was a slacker. He just sat there in his tight jeans and Led Zeppelin shirt, arms crossed over his chest, eyes set into a fixed 'you're-not-going-to-teach-me-anything' stare.
He looked at me, a blonde senior girl in a colorful dress and heels, and probably thought I couldn't understand/relate to him whatsoever.
I looked at him and laughed, because in reality I've been exponentially more familiar with people who look the way he does than people who look the way I do.
Soon, his mom left, and we were alone. He took no initiative (typical), so I grabbed his math book and asked him to get out his notes. He said they were at home. I tried to help him, but as I pointed, sketched and explained angles and theorems and corrolaries, he just sat there, looking bored. I even told him what to write, but he just sat there.
You can't teach someone something they don't want to learn.

Now, THAT'S something I'm completely unfamiliar with.

I always want to learn.
I'm fascinated by anyone who can teach me anything.

Tell me something I don't know.

Literally.

No comments: